Monday, April 13, 2020

Daily Post: Robots

Daily Post 4/13

It was really eye opening to watch the videos on robots in today's class. I never knew that Uber was involved with the trucking business or that automatic machines were able to move shipments around an Amazon warehouse. It was crazy to think that a job like a pharmacist could be completely controlled by robots and other machines. My sister is in her fifth out of seventh year of pharmacy college. It is mind-blowing to think that all that she is learning can just be a program to a computer one day. I never thought about how negative technology could impact our jobs and even human interaction. I even see robots doing custodial work in grocery stores now instead of human beings. It's even scarier to see the videos of the realistic looking robots that interact like humans with real human beings. If this is where we are at today and where we have been, I can’t even imagine where we will be in just another few years. The microchip that was planted underneath their skin could become dangerous in some ways. It would be very expensive to get this done and would be limited at first. Also, there could be a risk of infections with this implants. People can also be sacrificing privacy to be able to have this. Technology can be a blessing to things like new medicines and helping factors, however it can also be a curse by taking away more and more jobs and privacy everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment