Video Game Opera
If I were to turn the opera Madame Butterfly into a video game, I wouldn't want to make it too different from the original. I would create the game to have various amounts of paths to choose from and go down. For example, when the child is born, there can be a choice for if the child is a boy or a girl. I would also like to make the characters more interactive friendly, where the players can design what they want the characters to look like, and perhaps be able to put in their own name as the character. Partway through the story, there can be a time where Pinkerton can choose to check up on Butterfly or continue on his way. If choosing to check up on her, he can find out about the child sooner and maybe make the decision to return back to her earlier. There can also be a choice whether or not Butterfly wants to give up her child, or maybe run away with her child. This can also change the plot of the story where, if she decides to run away, she can start a new life with her child and perhaps find someone else to love.
No comments:
Post a Comment