Daily Post
In today's class, we branched off of opera and looked into musicals and Broadway. We talked a little bit about Jazz music and also looked at cabaret performances. When learning about Vaudeville, I knew a little about Black Face already, and it was interesting to learn more about it. I really liked the opera, Madame Butterfly we watched that I will talk about in another post. I love musicals and always have. It was amazing to see that the top five musicals were: the Phantom of the Opera, the Lion King, Wicked, Beauty and the Beast, and Mamma Mia. It was really cool to learn that the Phantom of the Opera is the most successful musical and is the longest shown musical for over 9,000 times. Lastly, we talked about the period DaDa. I had never heard of it before but it was extremely interesting to learn that this was the time that changed everything in art from the sounds of music to the type of art, especially performance art.
No comments:
Post a Comment